Digital X-Rays | Roseville Dental Office
At Waikiki Dental diagnosing dental conditions is safe and easy, thanks to the cutting-edge dental technology known as digital radiography.
WHAT ARE DIGITAL X-RAYS?
Digital radiography (known as digital X-ray) uses an electronic sensor instead of traditional X-ray film to capture X-ray images. The digital images are then easily stored directly to a computer. At Waikiki Dental we utilize Cone Beam technology from Care Stream Dental.
Digital X-rays have a number of advantages:
- Digital X-rays reduce patient radiation exposure by up to 90 percent compared to the already low exposure of traditional dental X-rays.
- Your dentist can instantly view and enlarge the images, allowing us to detect problems easier and point them out to you.
- Digital X-rays do not require film processing, thereby eliminating the need to dispose of harmful waste products and chemicals into the environment.
Why are X-rays necessary?
As a preventative, diagnostic tool, dental X-rays are essential, revealing valuable information not otherwise visible during a regular dental exam. They enable our dentists to look at what is going on between teeth and under the gum, then use this information to safely and accurately detect hidden dental abnormalities and create an accurate treatment plan. Without X-rays, such problem areas may go undetected.
Among other things, dental X-rays may reveal:
- Abscesses or cysts
- Bone loss
- Cancerous and non-cancerous tumors
- Decay between the teeth
- Developmental abnormalities
- Poor tooth and root positions
- Problems inside a tooth or below the gum line
Detecting and treating dental problems at an early stage may save you time, money, unnecessary discomfort—and your teeth!
Contact Waikiki Dental today to schedule an appointment!